Tuesday, September 8, 2009
more coptic book covers
I'm so happy that I finally got to cover some of my bare chipboards last night with these fabric pieces that I cut last week:). I've done about half the pile fabric already-woohoo!
Got in the 'back to school' spirit and pulled out my old textbooks. Not to read-of course! But to use to sandwich chipboard pieces to allow them to dry flat without buckling. I knew the textbooks would come in handy again someday:).
They dried between the textbooks overnight. Here they are all collected and looking pretty this afternoon when I got a chance to pull them out.
Some new patterns and some old faves. Can't wait to turn these into books. The white leaf print looks stunning with the bare back chipboard piece when I put them back to back. Can't wait to see what it looks like as a completed book. The black dressform fabric didn't do so well. The glue seeped through and dried stained. Only did one. Black fabric is not very forgiving so I wouldn't recommend it. Too too bad cause I bought a whole yard of it!
Didn't end up doing much yesterday like I wanted. Went to see my mahmah (paternal grandmother) out in Chinatown and then to an art supply store and Value Village and home to make dinner.
More crafts tonight-yay! Happy Tuesday:)