Hi there, Emmanuelle here for a tutorial.
This year will be my first Project Life year!
Evalicious journaling cards, with their 3x4 size are just perfect, and of course I will use them, but as I want it to have a "pastel colors" kind of theme I decided to create my own Project Life cards. And you know what? Evalicious products are just perfect for that!
So today I will show you step-by-step how I made some of my PL cards. There won't be any spectacular technique or brand new way of using things, but I hope this post will give you ideas to create your own journaling cards, for your Project Life or to use them on your layouts.
3x4 typewritter background
- Prepare your supplies: a blank 3x4 piece of cardstock (I used the blank PL cards from Becky Higgins), the cutest document typewritter stamp ever, 2 different ink pads (one black and a lighter color) and a black pen if you want to add some doodling
- Using the black ink, stamp your typewritter in one of your card's corner (for me the bottom right one) and make sure you don't put ink on the "document" word if you just want to have the typewritter picture.
- After cleaning your stamp (I use babywipes), use the other color and keep stamping the typewritter all over the card. Make sure you shift a little bit the stamp when you change lines
- Now it's time to add doodling. I chose to draw a little dash frame around my card with a black pen.
- It's ready, you just need to add your journaling!!
3x4 "thread nest" journaling card
- Prepare your supplies: a 3x4 card cut in your favorite paper, a piece of white cardstock (don't throw away the scraps, they are alwayyyys useful), the I heart banner stamp, an ink pad,
- Stamp the label on the piece of cardstock
- Cut it out, and make sure you leave a tiny white border around, it will stand out more from the card.
- Cut some white sewing thread, and make a little "nest" with it. To make mine I used at least 1,5 meter
- Glue your little nest on the card. For this Glossy Accent and Tacky glue are my favorite
- Place 2 pieces of 3d foam on the nest and just place your stamped label on it (make sure you write it before your glue it on the 3d foam!)
- It's ready, you can add your journaling on the card, or just glue a picture on it.
I use more and more thread on my projects, layout, cards or PL. I think it's a really easy way to bring different texture and volume to your creations.
On the next photo you can see more home-made PL cards I made last week, just using scraps of patterned paper resized in 3x4 or 4x6, my MT, a paper doily and my favorite Evalicious stamps, labels and page tabs.
Evalicious products used:
documented typewritter stamp
I heart banner stamp
typewritter love stamp set
Smile camera stamp
today is label stamp
Love this banner stamp
document arrow stamp
love you stamp
dennison label snipsnip tags
so daily page tabs
this christmas page tabs
my week snipsnip tags
documented circle tags
And now few pictures of my PL using some of my home-made cards. I will use this kind of cards every week, that's for sure!
I hope this gave you few ideas to make some journaling cards.
I can't wait to see what you will do, so please remember to upload your work in our Evalicious Flickr pool here and follow us on twitter @shopevalicious!